To fulfill its commitment towards preventive vision health, various eye health care providers, stakeholders and, not for profit organizations have been actively engaged and recruited for the cause by MEHF. Our proud association is with Arogya-vision foundation with a common mission of combating avoidable blindness among vulnerable segment population in the community. The mission statement of the Arogya Foundation is to improve the health & educational status of the people, families and communities through health care and social development programmes for bringing positive change in the quality of life of the people and devise mechanisms to empower the vulnerable societies. On 12th February 2019, School of Health Sciences, Ansal University, and Manthan Eye Health Foundation entered into a new collaboration in establishing center of excellence for glaucoma screening at the Sushant Vision Care Center. Most eye centers do not have the instruments which is required for screening and detection. MEHF has installed the Humphrey’s based field test machine Perimeter along with printers and axial length monitor for complete glaucoma check up in the Centre. With this initiative we trained our optometrist students and served the community too. Patients referred from nearby villages or screened at our camps were seen for free at the Centre. This helped in timely referral of patients who were in need but goes unnoticed. This brought in the opportunity to not only train our optometry students but improved the eye care needs at our eye center. Patient care, academics and research is the main objective of this center and are still continuing. MEHF has recently collaborated with VIAAN Eye and Retina centre headed by Senior Retina surgeon Dr. Neeraj Sanduja for expansion of community eye care services pertaining to the urban field projects and services of Vitreo-retina. MEHF has also collaborated with Dr. Sharma’s eye centre Fatehabad Haryana where the rural community services wing has been established by MEHF and is operational under Dr. Vinod Sharma a senior ophthalmologist and honorary patron of MEHF. MEHF centre of excellence for Glaucoma Screening for subsidized screening of at risk/ suspected glaucoma patients has been established at Manthan eye institute (MEI) - an advanced vision centre and a fixed facility centre of the foundation. MEHF-OxSight centre of excellence for Low vision is operational at MEI fixed facility centre catering to the low vision rehabilitation services for the community. MEHF centre for irregular cornea has been established under the able leadership of Prof. Monica Chaudhry a senior consultant optometrist where patients with ectatic and irregular corneas are managed with advanced contact lenses.
S no. Date Place No. of people seen
1. 13/08/2017 Sonipat, Haryana 220*
2. 14/10/2017 Fatehabad, Haryana 218
3. 24/12/2017 Gurgaon, Haryana 215
4. 14/01/2018 Sonipat, Haryana 300*
5. 27/01/2018 Sirsa, Haryana 235*
6. 18/02/2018 Fatehabad, Haryana 201
7. 04/03/2018 Sonipat, Haryana 170
8. 11/03/2018 Surat, Gujrat 185*
9. 17/03/2018 Hisar, Haryana 183
10. 08/04/2018 Bhiwani, Haryana 127
11. 06/05/2018 Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh 250*
12. 02/09/2018 Sonipat, Haryana 133
13. 30/09/2018 Fatehabad, Haryana 150
14. 11/10/2018 Bahadurgarh, Haryana 190*
15. 27/10/2018 Bhiwani, Haryana 176
16. 02/12/2018 Fatehabad, Haryana 276*
17. 13/01/2019 Gurugram, Haryana 206
18. 20/01/2019 Sirsa, Haryana 185*
19. 02/02/2019 Sonipat, Haryana 170
20. 23/02/2019 Fatehabad, Haryana 198*
21. 24/02/2019 Gurugram, Haryana 203*
22. 28/02/2019 Surat, Gujrat 175*
23. 03/03/2019 Sirsa, Haryana 152
24. 07/03/2019 Fatehabad, Haryana 274*
25. 13/03/2019 Indore, Madhya Pradesh 88
26. 16/03/2019 Gurugram, Haryana 180*
27. 20/03/2019 Sonipat, Haryana 144
28. 31/03/2019 Sirsa, Haryana 187
29. 13/05/2019 Gurugram, Haryana 100
30. 18/08/2019 Surat, Gujrat 142*
31. 04/09/2019 Gurugram, Haryana 94
32. 07/09/2019 Fatehabad, Haryana 184*
33. 16/09/2019 Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh 230*
34. 21/09/2019 Karnal, Haryana 189
35. 02/12/2019 Fatehabad, Haryana 273*
36. 21/12/2019 Gurugram, Haryana 197*
37. 31/12/2019 Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh 312*
38 .04/01/2020 Sirsa, Haryana 160*
39. 11/01/2020 Sonipat, Haryana 180
40. 15/02/2020 Sonipat, Haryana 160
41. 19/02/2020 Fatehabad, Haryana 243*
42. 24/02/2020 Surat, Gujrat 160*
43. 08/03/2020 Sonipat, Haryana 175*
80 % of blindness is preventable and glaucoma forms the third largest cause .It is defined as silent thief and people only know about this once they lose 50% of their vision. Timely detection and screening is the only way to prevent it.
On 12th February 2019, School of Health Sciences, Ansal university, and Manthan Eye Health Foundation entered into a new collaboration in establishing another center of excellence for glaucoma screening at the Sushant Vision Care Center .
Most eye centers do not have the instruments which is required for screening and detection. With this initiative we will be training our optometrist students and will be serving the society too.
This will help in timely referral of patients who are in need but goes unnoticed.
This will bring in the opportunity to not only train our optometry students but will to improve the eye care needs at our eye center. Patient care, Academics and Research is the main objective of this center.
With the strength of optometry and ophthalmology working together to fight against these eye diseases, MEHF with the help of SVCC hope to make a significant impact in spreading awareness regarding eye health and offering vision screenings for the community.
Our Proud Association with Dr. Vinod Kumar Sharma (Sr. Ophthalmologist) Fatehabad with a common mission of combating avoidable blindness. The Hospital also has a dedicated wing for community ophthalmology in association with MEHF.
Our Proud Association with Dr. Neeraj Sanduja (Sr. Ophthalmologist) Gurugram with a common mission of combating avoidable blindness.
About Viaan Eye & Retina Centre
aims at providing state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services in all subspecialties of ophthalmology using the best in technology and skills. We are committed to deliver best quality and comprehensive eye care with cutting edge technology and personalized care. Our guiding philosophy is to provide ethical eye care with latest technology & human intelligence.
Besides delivering the regular eye-care services, the centre takes pride in providing advanced level of diagnostic and therapeutic services in the field of vitreous and retinal diseases and Phacoemulsification surgery for Cataract . Our centre provides world class surgical and medical treatment, even for the most complicated forms of diseases in vitreous and retina. The centre is equipped with state of the art equipments from USA and Germany, in a fully air-conditioned premises..
We are on panel of most of the TPA’s and Govt. Panels and offer complete facility for cashless mediclaim, reimbursement and credit facility for State and Central Govt. employees.
The Hospital also has a dedicated wing for community ophthalmology in association with MEHF under the able supervision of Dr. Sumit Grover.